Say hello to making up for lost time, in 2022
After two years of lockdowns and restrictions, make 2022 the year you enjoy all Wirral has to offer. We're lucky to have so many great places to visit our doorstep, so treat yourself to getting out and about again this spring!
Say hello to:
1. Meeting with friends: Wirral has no shortage of restaurants, pubs, cafés and bars, so catch up with your friends over a meal, a coffee or a pint or two.
2. Hikes and bike rides: With miles of promenade, plus the Wirral Way, there are lots of places to enjoy a stroll or a bike ride. Walking/cycling is great exercise and is good for your mental health too.
3. Great days out for kids: Need ideas for a day out with your kids? How about a tractor ride at Church Farm, crazy golf in New Brighton or a visit to Tam O’Shanter Urban Farm to stroke the animals?
4. Picnicking in the park: Did you know 30 parks in Wirral have been awarded Green Flag status for the quality of their green spaces? They make the perfect spot for a picnic.
We would love to hear about YOUR days out in Wirral! Tag us in your photos using #SayHelloWirral
5. Enjoying a show: Floral Pavilion and Gladstone Theatre have everything from music and wrestling, to comedy and opera this year! Future Yard has a great lineup of exciting bands too.
6. Looking out for each other: It’s been a tough few years for the elderly and those living alone, so let’s spread the love. Visit your grandparents and check in on your neighbours.
7. Trips to the seaside: There are plenty of beaches to enjoy in Wirral, including West Kirby, Thurstaston and New Brighton. Don’t forget your bucket and spade!
8. Art and culture: Wirral has two world class art galleries - Lady Lever and the Williamson - and Birkenhead Priory is the oldest standing building in Merseyside!
9. Being kind: Not everyone will be ready to go out at the same pace. Respect each other and the places you go.
10. Shopping local: Wirral’s businesses cemented their place at the heart of our communities during the pandemic, with many doing home deliveries to make sure no-one went without essential items, especially the elderly and vulnerable. Say ‘thank you’ by supporting our brilliant businesses in 2022 and shopping local.