By using this site you accept these terms.
Wirral Council is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Where this material is being issued to others, the source (including URL) and our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on this our site must always be acknowledged. Material must not be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes .
This permission to reproduce copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the Copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained directly from the copyright holders concerned.
Rights you give us to use material
You give us a perpetual non-exclusive worldwide royalty free-transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute and display the material you upload and also third parties to use that content for their purposes.
Please note that many of the events or activities listed in the What’s on in Wirral section of this website are submitted by private individuals or organisations. As such, the Council does not endorse any of the events listed and those attending or participating in them do so at their own risk.
While every effort has been made to ensure listings are accurate, the Council cannot take any liability for errors. You may wish to check an event's details with its organisers before attending it.
The content on this site is for general information only. It is not advice on which you should rely. We make reasonable efforts to update the information on it that we have generated but the Council makes no representation, warranty or guarantee express or implied that the content is up to date or complete .
The Council will not be held responsible for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of inaccuracy or error within this website, use of or inability to use this site, or use of or reliance on any content displayed on this site.
Links to external websites
We add links from our site into other websites to help you find more information. Providing these links should not be taken as approval by Wirral Council of those linked websites or information you get from them. Wirral Council cannot be held responsible for the content of any external site linked to from within this site.
This is because:
- Wirral Council does not produce linked websites or maintain and update them
- Wirral Council cannot change them
- they can be changed without our knowledge or agreement
The inclusion of a link to an external website from our site should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site's owners or their products or services.
We do not enter into reciprocal linking arrangements.
Prize draws by Wirral Council
- prize draws are only open to UK residents
- prize draws are not open to councillors, employees or contractors of the Council and companies connected with the prize draws, or their families
- no purchase is necessary
- prizes are offered as stated and are non-exchangeable or transferable. No cash alternatives will be provided
- we will randomly select and notify the winner(s)
- once notified by us, winners will need to contact us to arrange collection or delivery of their prize. If collection is being made in person, the winner will need to bring proof of identity, for example birth certificate, driver's licence or passport
- when we send out prizes, we will post them using Royal Mail second class. We cannot be held responsible for prizes that do not arrive, whether sent by us or the prize-giver
- we reserve the right to pick alternative winners if the original winners do not contact us within 14 working days of being told they have won
- we will list winners' names and locations on our website for at least one month after the prize draw
- we reserve the right to publish the name(s) and location(s) of winner(s) in Wirral View and local newspapers
- if a prize is only open to people aged 18 or over we will require winners to prove they meet this requirement before the prize is dispatched
- we reserve the right to cancel or suspend any prize at any point, without liability to the prize-givers or winners
- our decision is final on all matters and we will not enter into any further correspondence
- by entering, you agree to be bound by these rules in relation to these prize draws
Social media terms conditions
Users of Wirral Council’s social media sites agree to abide by our terms and conditions of use which can be found on the council website.