Weather like this is something many people look forward to every year and go out and enjoy. But it’s worth remembering that sunny spells can pose health risks for some people. It’s important to protect yourself from too much sun. Here’s our top 5 tips to stay safe in the heat.
1. Look out for others, especially older people, young children and babies and those with underlying health conditions.
2. Close curtains on rooms that face the sun to keep indoor spaces cooler and remember it may be cooler outdoors than indoors.
3. Drink plenty and make sure you always have water with you. Sugary, alcoholic and caffeinated drinks can make you more dehydrated.
4. Try to keep out of the sun between 11am to 3pm.
5. Walk in the shade, apply sunscreen and wear a hat, if you have to go out in the heat