Still time to comment on parking in Wirral
There's still time for people who live, visit or work in Wirral to have their say on the future of parking across the borough.
The consultation, which launched Monday July 18, and closes on September 25 asks participants to comment on a range of topics including car and cycle parking, electric vehicle charging and parking bays, disabled parking provision, enforcement and management of parking and parking tariffs.
This is a unique opportunity to inform the strategy and let the council know, what is and isn’t working and what needs to be changed to provide better facilities now and for the future.
The feedback and opinions of all those who take part in the consultation, as well as data collected from traffic surveys and studies, the council aim to create a Parking Strategy that will:
- Help support businesses and communities across the borough
- Manage traffic (particularly through main centres)
- Improve current car parking facilities
- Ensure the right type of parking is in the right place for residents and local people
- Improve access to and the ability to use more sustainable modes of transport
This is the first stage of developing a new Parking Strategy. Once a proposed Parking Strategy is drafted, there will be another opportunity to have your say on the options before the proposed changes are put in place.
To take part and make sure your voice is heard on the future of parking in Wirral, visit the council’s Have Your Say website.