A Wirral-based charity will once again open its doors on Christmas Day to support women from all walks of life.
Continuing their annual tradition for the fourth year running, Wirral’s Domestic Abuse Alliance partners Tomorrow’s Women Wirral (TWW) will open at 10am – 12pm on the big day for a festive breakfast.
After opening in 2012 the specialist domestic abuse organisation realised there was a need to support isolated or lonely women over the Christmas period as this can be a tough time of year for many. Since 2014, the charity has provided a free Christmas breakfast to women 18+ each year without fail.
Supported by local partners, TWW have welcomed donations from local supermarkets, charities and individuals yearly, to provide the women they support with a morning of Christmas cheer and much needed company.
TWW’s staff, who help women from all over Merseyside make positive lifestyle changes, volunteer their time each year to provide this space in the belief that nobody should have to be alone at Christmas.
Angela Murphy, CEO of Tomorrow’s Women Wirral, said, “We've held a Christmas breakfast at TWW since 2014 – it just seemed like the right thing to do.”
“The staff and volunteers share their Christmas morning with the women each year and we always have a lovely time. Making sure that any woman who might want some company on Christmas Day makes it all worth it for us.”
Past years have seen women served a full English, mince pies and even small presents donated to the charity. This year is no exception as TWW welcome donations to their festive brunch.
Women 18+ who’d like to attend TWW’s Christmas breakfast need only turn up – but a call in advance of Christmas week would allow them to prepare for numbers so give them a call if you’re able to on 0151 647 7907. Likewise if you’d like to donate any items, give them a call or email email@example.com.
Other organisations who will be supporting those who need it during the festive period are:
- The Hive Youth Zone are holding a FREE ‘Christmas Day’ on the 25th, 11am – 3pm offering dinner and activities to families in need. All adults must be accompanied by a child. Call 0151 705 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- Tranmere Rovers FC will be welcoming adults in need to Prenton Park for a free hot meal, entertainment, exercise and some gifts this Boxing Day. Book here.
- Neo Community Café will offer free crisis support to individuals and families in need of food over the festive period. Contact Ema Wilkes: email@example.com, 07447 913888.
- Wirral’s Family Safety Unit is providing an IDVA phone service available for all days except bank holidays. They can be contacted on 0151 666 4914 and are open to men and women.
- Information about Council support services over the Christmas period can be found in Wirral View’s round-up.
- If your organisation is opening up throughout the holidays for those in need, make sure you put your event on our What’s On page.