To celebrate two large-scale cycling events riding through our borough this year, Wirral Council and partners invite residents to enjoy a Summer of Cycling.
May saw the OVO Energy Tour Series, come to the borough for the first time with an estimated 10,000 people watching the fast and furious action around Hamilton Square, resulting in cycling fever.
In addition to the main events, the Summer of Cycling is an opportunity to bring people together, enthusiasts and beginners alike.
Activities and events will be taking place across the borough this summer, encouraging everyone to get on two wheels before the UK’s most prestigious cycling event arrives in September – the OVO Energy Tour of Britain.
Get involved by taking part in one of the many cycling events taking place across Wirral this summer:
- Women’s Repair and Maintenance Workshop with Cycling UK: 2, 11, & 17 July
- ‘Ice Cream, Drink or Chips' relaxed bike ride with HSBC UK: 4 July, 8 July, 18 July
- 'Breeze into Cycling' with HSBC UK Breeze: 9 July, 16 July and for Beginners on 18 July
- ‘Spring into Summer’ Wirral Way ride with HSBC UK British Cycling: 13 July
- 'Nightrider' overnight tunnel bike ride: 13/14 July
- 15 to 20 mile rides with Wirral Bicycle Belles: 13 July, 17 August, 21 September
- 35, 15 or 5 mile bike ride Women's Festival of Cycling: 3 August
- OVO Energy Tour of Britain: 11 September
- 'Cycling through time' exhibition at Williamson Gallery: displayed until 22 September
- Race and skills training for 5-15 yr olds with Birkenhead North End CC: Thursdays, 6-8pm
- 'Wheels for All' with Wirral mencap: Thursdays, 10am-3pm
More events to come!
If you just fancy getting out on your bike this summer, find out about Wirral’s cycle routes at visitwirral.com.