A number of Wirral’s very own environmental heroes have been recognised at the Echo Environment Awards with many going on to be crowned winners on the night.
The awards ceremony held at the Isla Gladstone Pavilion, in Stanley Park is held to recognise, thank and celebrate those playing a part in making a difference to our environment. Winners from Wirral picked up an impressive 6 out of the 9 awards on the night showcasing the hard work and dedication of the groups and individuals.
Winners this year included:
- Elizabeth Gadson (The Little Collector Wirral) – Young Environmental Champion
- Heswall Primary School – Green School of the Year
- New Ferry Butterfly Park – Community Impact Award
- Green Air Schools Project – Healthy Living Award
- Wirral Metropolitan College – Carbon Champion Award
- Emily Gleaves (Waste Not Want Not) - Environmental Champion
Alongside the winners there were also a number of runners up from Wirral who were acknowledged and made the final for the part they’re playing in making out environment better.
Runners up on the night included:
- Jennifer Graley – Upton Hall
- Ben Shoebridge – Caldy Grammar
- The Black Pearl New Brighton
A massive congratulations and thank you to all the winners and finalists for the dedication, work and difference they are making.
To see the full list of winners and runners up from the awards visit the Echo Awards webpage.