Wirral’s children’s centres and local parks have teamed up again this summer to host a series of FREE themed events for parents and their little ones
The events, suitable for children under 8 will be taking place at Birkenhead and Central Park throughout August. There’ll be plenty of activities relating to each themed event to keep the kids entertained, and of course fancy dress is optional!
On Fridays, the teams will host activities from; 10.30am-12pm, Central Park, Wallasey, Walled Garden. Events include:
- August 3: 'Let’s get physical'- sports day style obstacles and games.
- August 10: ‘People who help us’ – a chance to meet some of our emergency services teams and take part in activities all about staying safe over summer.
- August 17: ‘Pirates and Princesses’- Pirate and princess themed games including a treasure hunt and the chance to meet some princesses!
- August 24: ‘Let’s get physical’ - more sports themes, come and practice your football and tennis skills, and dance along with Diddi Dance.
On Wednesdays the teams will be hosting the events at Birkenhead Park, from 10.30- 2pm on:
- August 8: ‘Sports Stars’ – different sport games for the little ones to take part in.
- August 15: ‘Pirates and Princesses’ - Pirate and Princess themed games including a treasure hunt and a chance to meet some princesses!
- August 22: ‘Bugs life’- a session crawling in activities including slime, art and crafts.
- August 29: ‘Around the World in 80 Books’- Book themed craft activities including family favourites the Gruffalo and Dear Zoo.
For more information and to keep up with the latest news from Wirral’s children’s centres follow the My Child Can Facebook page.