While Christmas might be a little different this year, advice, care and support is still available for anyone who is worried about their own safety or someone they know.
Worried about a child?
Contact Wirral Council’s Integrated Front Door (open 9am to 5pm excluding weekends and bank holidays): 0151 606 2008.
or the Emergency Duty Team (bank holidays, weekends, evening – out of hours): 0151 677 6557.
Wirral children's centres contact information
- Birkenhead Children’s Centre – 0151 666 3323 (Open 29 and 30 December 2020)
- Bromborough Children’s Centre – 0151 666 3246 (Open 29 and 30 December 2020)
- Seacombe Children’s Centre – 0151 666 3506 (Open 29 and 30 December 2020)
Adult Social Services
Adult social care operates through the Christmas period. If you require support or have an urgent need relating to Adult Social Care in Wirral between 9am and 5pm on 29, 30 or 31 December, please contact the Central Advice and Duty Team on 0151 514 2222 and press option 3.
If you are calling after 5pm, or on any of the days not listed above, and if your enquiry is urgent, please contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0151 677 6557.
Domestic abuse support over Christmas and New Year
- Tomorrow’s Women Wirral: 0151 647 7907
- Paul Lavelle Foundation (support for men): 0151 651 3777
- Wirral Women and Children’s Aid: 0151 643 9766
Read Wirral’s domestic abuse strategy for a full list of local support agencies: www.wirral.gov.uk/domesticabuse
Merseyside Police is continuing to support and keep a watchful eye over vulnerable members of our communities over the festive period, and will be deploying specialist domestic abuse patrol cars to help those who are suffering behind closed doors.