Traders at Birkenhead Market are on-hand to deliver fresh produce to their Wirral customers during this second lockdown.
After receiving rave reviews during the first round of closures, word has spread about the reliable service customers can expect from the market traders who are well-equipped to deliver a full range of flowers, fruit & veg, meats and confectionery throughout the local area.
To take advantage of this delivery service, customers can place an order by calling:
- The Big Flower Shop - 0151 647 3077
- Billy’s Corner (fruit and veg) - 0795 810 8221
- G & B White (deli) - 07746 124 530
- Malamb’s Family Butcher - 0151 666 2983
- Moneysworth (butcher & deli provisions) - 0151 647 3039
- The Rolling Pin Bakery - 07583 160 255
- Shelley's Bread & Cakes - 07746 124 530
- Smith's Coffee Pot - takeaway only
- Wards Fish - 0151 666 1842
Like all businesses, the market has been required to follow the closure regulations applied by Government for the initial four-week period, from Thursday 5 November to Wednesday 2 December.
This means all non-essential units are not currently open for business but those offering groceries and foods will be allowed to continue to provide a service.
As such, customers who prefer to visit the market rather than use the delivery service will still be able to access the fresh produce section through the PoundBakery and TJ Hughes entrances. Everyone entering the market will be expected to abide by the safety rules of maintaining a 2m distance, wearing a face mask and sanitising their hands.
In an effort to support the market traders during this challenging period, Wirral Council is asking residents to “shop local” and to make full use of the delivery service.
For more information on Birkenhead Market, please visit www.birkenheadmarket.co.uk