Street cleansing services are being prioritised to specific parts of the service and highway weeding is going to be suspended for three weeks as Wirral Council continues to introduce measures to respond to COVID-19 and government announcements.
Graffiti and flyposting will only be removed in the next three weeks if it is offensive, while vehicular crossings and access markings won't take place over the same time frame.
Other changes to council and partner services include:-
- Youth Services: All youth hubs, youth clubs and youth outreach has now stopped. We are in the process of working with partners to provide online access to support and activities for young people.
- Adult Care: Day care services have been largely stepped down across Wirral. Wirral Evolutions, who support around 400 people now only have four people who absolutely require this support attending at Pensby Wood for three days a week. Age UK have stopped day care and are focused on providing support for people in their homes, with Council assistance.
- West Kirby Marine Lake: The path around the Marine Lake is closed as the nature of the path and its popularity means it will be difficult to maintain social distancing.
- Visitor Centres: All visitor centres around the borough are officially closed.
- Jobcentres: Now closed. Customers can access support online at dwp.gov.uk In an emergency only, customers can call their Jobcentre directly on the following numbers: Bromborough - 0151 644 4462. Birkenhead - 0151 551 6658 / 0151 268 6395 / 0151 551 8696. Upton - 0151 551 6536