It's nearly half-term and Halloween, but the latest coronavirus restrictions mean things will probably look a little different this year - and you might be wondering how you'll keep the kids entertained.
To help, we've put together some ideas for things you can do at home, and nearby, to save you travelling too far at the moment.
Due to high numbers of people testing positive for COVID-19, local authorities from across Merseyside and Cheshire are currently asking residents to remain close to home and only visit neighbouring boroughs for work, education or health purposes.
From puddle-jumping, to virtual quizzes, lucky dip library bags, and classic children's films - this list should help to make half-term a busy one after all!
- Half-term digital library sessions - including storytime for under 5s, crafts, and lantern-making. Head over to the Wirral Libraries Facebook page for the full list of activities available throughout the week, choose something you like, and visit the page at time of your chosen event.
- Cbeebies has a wide range of ideas to keep younger children busy over the week, including science experiments, coding, and cooking.
- Make dens, pom poms, or cook up a storm with some great videos on the Save the Children website.
- Create your own museum out of lego, your own mini zine and more, with brilliant Liverpool Museums videos!
- Try out the Cbeebies Halloween 'Trick or Treat Quiz' to see some popular TV characters dressed up to go trick or treating.
- Listen in to Spooky Stories with storyteller Rogan Mills at the Wirral Libraries Facebook page on Friday 30 October at 4pm.
- Paint the kids' faces for the spooky season with some tips from Good Housekeeping magazine.
- Enter New Brighton's Gorse Millenium Green pumpkin decorating competition between 1-31 October - decorate, place it on the path, and take a photo for the Facebook page.
- Join the Virtual Fright Night event - live on Zoom! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your digital invite.
- Wirral's Youth Service is hosting a virtual Halloween event on Tuesday 27 October - email email@example.com to attend!
- Paint, hide and find rocks hidden by local people at Wirral beauty spots - find one, and make one for someone else to find! Please remember to clean any rocks you find and wash your hands afterwards to reduce the risk of coronavirus.
- Our parks and open spaces are as gorgeous as ever in Autumn. Take books, or a picnic!
- Join the World Puddle Jumping Competition! Submit a video to the Facebook page by 2 November.
- Watch one of Netflix's classic children's films - including THE BGF, Matilda, and Kung Fu Panda II.
- Visit the BookTrust website for some great children's book ideas, videos, and activities - you can even reserve a book online or read on a tablet with Wirral Libraries!
- Visit Wirral from home - explore beautiful pictures from the likes of Birkenhead Priory, or visit the Lady Lever from your sofa.
- Halloween activity packs are available from Wirral's Youth Service - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for yours - but hurry, they're going fast!
- With some of Wirral's pools now open again, it might be nice to visit some of our local leisure facilities - but first take a look at the Wirral Leisure website to see what's on and when.
- Wirral also has some brilliant walking and cycling routes to try.
- Visit Port Sunlight's iconic Lady Lever Art Gallery - currently open Wednesday to Sunday, 10am-5pm. It's free, but booking is essential.
- Social distance at the cinema - choose from The Light in New Brighton, The Odeon in Bromborough, and Vue in Birkenhead. You can also visit the Woodside Drive In to watch Hocus Pocus (PG).
- Pop to Birkenhead or West Kirby Library for a free Bookstart book pack for children under one to enjoy at home. Opening hours are currently Monday-Saturday: 9.30am-12pm and 2pm-4.30pm.
- Let library staff use their expertise to choose your little one a lucky dip book bag! Just let them know what your child enjoys and what their reading age is via the website, choose a time to collect, and turn up on the day! Opening times are above.