The Government announced last week that care homes can now reopen to visitors, with strict safety measures in place.
To help reunite loved ones while reducing the risk of Coronavirus during visits, Wirral's Public Health team has provided guidance for care providers and visitors.
If you’re calling in to see a family member or friend, please be aware of the new safety measures in place and check with the care home about its visiting policy .
Safety measures include:
- Visitors must wear a cloth face covering or face mask during their visit
- Hands should be washed on arrival using the facilities provided, and again afterwards
- Social distancing guidelines must be respected
- Outdoor visits are preferred, where possible
- Gifts that cannot be cleaned are not advised at the moment (e.g. flowers)
The video below has more information for making your visit a safe one.