ROAD CLOSURE UPDATE (21 JANUARY, 5PM)
The impact of Storm Christoph is causing significant problems with surface water flooding on roads across the area.
If you are making an essential journey, please note the below roads, where flooding is causing access issues:
- Arrowe Brook Lane
- Bromborough Road / Spital Road (Spital Dam), Bromborough
- A5137 Brimstage Road, Brimstage – full road closure
- China Farm Lane, Newton
- Whitehouse Lane, Heswall under railway bridge
- Poulton Hall Road
- Poulton Road (Spital)
- Neston Road /Smithy Hill Road, Thornton Hough
- Thornton Common Road
- Willow Brow Road
- Willaston Road
- B5151 Willaston Road/ Clatterbridge Road, Clatterbridge
- Raby Mere Road and Upper Raby Road
- A553 Birkenhead Road, Meols near the kennels and on Barn Hey Crescent – temporary 2-way traffic signal control lights
- Willow Lane (closed yesterday)
- Dibbinsdale Road
Whilst the following roads are open, extra care should be taken for any drivers that must use this route:
- Park Road, Meols
- Valley Road, Bidston
Only travel if essential and, if you have to drive, take extra care.
Additional care should also be taken Thursday evening and Friday morning as a frost is expected tonight (Thursday 21 January). Gritting crews will be out spreading on the planned routes but ice could still form of areas where there are significant amounts of water.
The Flood Hub: free resources to help with household flood planning
If your home is at risk of flooding, the Flood Hub has lots of useful resources to create a robust flood plan, including whether you have the right insurance and links to sign up to local flood alerts.