Residents whose regular bin collections fall on Wednesdays and Thursdays are being asked to note changes to their collection over the Christmas and New Year period.
With Christmas Day and New Years Day being on Wednesday this year, households who usually have their green and grey bin collected on that day will instead be asked to put their bins out for collection on the Saturday before the scheduled collection.
Residents who usually have their bins collected on Thursday are also being informed that with Boxing Day being Thursday this year, their scheduled collection will instead take place on Sunday 22nd December.
In addition, those households who subscribe to the domestic garden waste collection – brown bin – service are reminded that this service is suspended from 16th December until 13th January.
Grey (recycling) and green (non-recyclable waste) collections
- Bins normally collected on Wednesday 25th December will be collected on Saturday 21st December
- Bins normally collected on Thursday 26th December will be collected on Sunday 22nd December
- Bins normally collected on Wednesday 1st January will be collected on Saturday 28th December
- There are no changes to collections due on Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays.
- For all collections, residents should put bins out by 7am at your normal collection point.
Garden waste subscription service
- Garden waste collections are suspended between 16th December and 13th January.