In light of the Government’s recommendations about social distancing, Wirral Council and Biffa have been working hard this morning to put measures in place to keep bin collection crews as safe as possible while carrying out their duties.
Unfortunately, this has meant that regular collections have not been able to go ahead today as normal. However, collections will resume tomorrow with bins scheduled for collection today instead being collected tomorrow (Tuesday).
If you were one of those households affected, please leave your bin at the usual collection point, or take it in and make sure to put it out again tomorrow morning at 7am.
In order for Biffa to catch up with missed collections, they will be adopting the following working schedule for the rest of this week:-
- If your collection should have been today (Monday) - your collection will now take place tomorrow (Tuesday). Please leave your bin at the usual collection point, or take it in and make sure to put it out again tomorrow morning at 7am.
- If your collections normally take place on Tuesday – your collection will take place on Tuesday or Wednesday
- If your collection normally takes place on Wednesday – your collection will take place on Wednesday or Thursday
- If your collection normally takes place on Thursday – your collection will take place on Thursday or Friday
- If your collection normally takes place on Friday – your collection will take place on Friday or Saturday
Please leave your bin out at 7am on your normal scheduled day. Crews will be working to different schedules, so this is really important so that you don’t miss the collection.
If your bin is not emptied on your normal day, please leave it out at the normal collection point for collection the following day.
Your patience and understanding is appreciated at this time. Crews are continuing to work at great personal risk to themselves and their families. Residents are reminded that crews cannot take any waste that does not fit in their wheelie bin with the lid fully closed – no side waste will be taken.