Christmas shopping can be a long and frustrating experience but a trip to Birkenhead Market can make things a whole lot easier. Here are ten reasons why you should pay the market a visit this Christmas:
- Did you know that you can buy your turkey from three shops in the market - Malamb Meats, Moneysworth and Wards Fish too?
- Billy’s Corner doesn’t just sell a wide array of fruit and veg, you can buy your Christmas tree there too.
- Brighten up your place with lights, decorations, Santas and snowmen from Cane Factory.
- Spread some festive cheer with cards from Card Saver, or get your own personalised cards from Cat’s Crafty Cabin.
- Hands up, who loves a mince pie? You can get them from The Rolling Pin and Shelley’s Bread & Cakes, as well as a selection of other treats.
- For children’s presents, pop in to Wirral Toy Shop. They sell a wide range of brand new toys for children of all ages.
- Looking for a present for someone special? Tracey’s Cosmetics put together their own packs of make-up and gift-bags and you can find jewellery at Merseyside Collectors Centre.
- Go to Image Printing for personalised T-shirts and mugs.
- Impress your family members with tricks from PJs Magic Shop.
- Christmas shopping can be tiring work, so why not reward yourself with a hot drink and tasty treat from one of five cafés you can find at Birkenhead Market?
Delivering the goods
DURING lockdown, businesses at Birkenhead Market clubbed together to provide a delivery service to ensure local people, particularly elderly and vulnerable residents, didn’t go hungry. The service was so popular, many shops in the market have continued to offer home deliveries:
- The Big Flower Shop: 0151 647 3077
- Billy’s Corner (fruit and veg): 07958 108221
- G&B White (deli): 07746 124 530
- Malamb Meats Family Butcher: 0151 666 2983
- Moneysworth (butcher & deli): 0151 647 3039
- The Rolling Pin Bakery: 07583 160 255
- Shelley’s Bread & Cakes: 07746 124 530
- Wards Fish: 0151 666 1842