Last chance for businesses to apply for Additional Relief Fund
Wirral businesses who have been negatively affected by the pandemic have up until the end of August to apply for the COVID-19 Additional Relief Fund.
The relief is for all businesses who were not eligible for previous financial support linked to their business rate liability, and applies to 2021/2022 only. The fund replaces the right to request a reduction in business rates on the grounds that COVID-19 has altered circumstances and made the rateable value of the property inaccurate.
To apply, each business will need to complete an online application form and provide the following information:
- the name of the business rate payer
- the business address
- the rateable value of the business
- the number of employees
- percentage adverse effect of the pandemic on income for 2021/2022
- accounts that show the adverse effect
- confirmation the business has not exceeded subsidy limits.
For information on eligibility criteria, and to apply for the fund, visit the Council's website.