St Paul’s Cathedral has launched an online book of remembrance for all those who have died in the UK as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Called ‘Remember Me’ the memorial is free of charge and open to people of all faiths and none.
Family, friends and carers of those who have passed away can submit the name, a photograph and a short message in honour of their loved one.
HRH The Prince of Wales recorded this video message in support of the project:
His Royal Highness said:
“This virtual book of remembrance is here to help us remember; not just to recall our loss and sorrow, but also to be thankful for everything good that those we have loved brought into our lives, and all that they have given to others.”
It is intended that the Remember Me site will become a physical memorial at St Paul’s cathedral once funding has been secured.
Visit the Remember Me website to register the details of a loved one or to view tributes to those who have passed away.
Wirral’s Register Office is currently providing information about the site to those registering a death in Wirral.
The following information and support for the bereaved is also available:
- Government information for the bereaved during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Cruse Bereavement Care Coronavirus: Dealing with bereavement and grief
- NHS guidance on Coping with bereavement and loss
- Age UK coping with bereavement and arranging a funeral during Covid-19
- The Child Bereavement Network has published Covid-19 Supporting children and young people