Wirral Libraries have a number of online resources to ensure residents can still access books, newspapers and reading groups during this time – the latest of these being a 2-week reading challenge to keep your little ones entertained.
Challenges include a variety of tasks and will be as followed:
- Day 1 Read a story to a special grown-up in a person or on the phone
- Day 2 Read a book that makes you laugh
- Day 3 Read a book with a superhero in it
- Day 4 Download and listen to an audiobook
- Day 5 Find a poem you like and share it with someone
- Day 6 Read a book with animal in it
- Day 7 Draw a picture or make a model of something you like from a book
- Day 8 Download and read an eBook
- Day 9 Build a blanket fort and read a book in it
- Day 10 Listen to an author read one of their books online
- Day 11 Write your own story or poem and share it with a grown-up
- Day 12 Read a comic or magazine
- Day 13 Read an information book or find an interesting fact about books online
- Day 14 Re-read your favourite book
Whether you are looking to add some reading tasks to a daily lesson plan or an additional activity for a budding book-worm, this 2-week challenge could be just the things for your little ones.
At the end of the challenge, a virtual certificate will be shared so you can provide a certificate your child, by simply downloading the template and personalising with their name.