Wirral’s children’s centres are looking forward to taking steps in getting their much-loved face to face groups restarted with a selection resuming from Monday 19th April, in line with the government’s roadmap.
The first steps in getting back through the doors will see centres re-introducing a limited number of baby and toddler groups across Seacombe, Birkenhead and Brombrough.
Groups will all need to be booked with centres initially operating on a limited number of groups with the offer set to expand over the next few months. In line with government guidance there will also be a limit on the numbers allowed per class.
Some of the family favourite classes you can expect in the first steps include:
- Baby Massage
- Baby Babble
- Activities in our outdoor spaces
Classes and times will vary from centre to centre until a full timetable is resumed in the coming months. To find out when classes are on and to book please contact your local centre:
- Birkenhead children's centre (Mon-Friday) - 0151 666 3323
- Wallasey Children's centre (Mon - Friday) - 0151 666 3506
- South and west Wirral children's centre (Mon - Friday) - 0151 666 3246
Please be aware with numbers limited demand will be high.
Staff are looking forward to welcoming back families old and new to the centres. When the groups resume the centres and teams will be operating in a COVID-secure way to keep visitors and staff safe. Some of the measures include:
- Adults must wear a face covering around the building (unless medically exempt)
- Ideally, one adult per household but please discuss with the centre if your requirements differ.
- 2meters distance at all times from those not in your household
- Hand santiser will be available throughout the centres
Parents and carers attending are asked to adhere to all safety measures in place and are reminded not to attend groups if they or anyone in their household or bubble are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
Whilst the centres operate on a restricted timetable don’t forget to check out the ‘My Child Can’ Facebook page for videos of some family favourite classes and activities you can try at home.