Gift appeal aims to spread Christmas cheer for local children
A campaign to provide some extra festive sparkle for hundreds of local children in need got underway today with the launch of Wirral Council’s annual Christmas gift appeal.
Organisers are asking residents, businesses, and Council staff to donate different types of gifts to ensure presents are available for the children of all ages – from babies up to 16 year olds – and have suggested:
- Toys for 0-12 years year olds
- Pyjamas for 0-16 year olds
- Gifts for teenagers such as toiletries, perfume, aftershave, make-up, socks and jewellery
- Selection boxes
- One4All gift cards (available online and from Post Offices)
- Medium and large Christmas gift bags
The appeal was first launched in 2020, and thanks to the incredible generosity of so many people and businesses, it has helped to make sure that hundreds of local children and young people receive at least one Christmas gift.
Public drop-off points for new and unwrapped donations are open Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm) until Friday 16 December at:
- Brassey Gardens Children’s Centre, 2 Brassey Street, Birkenhead, CH41 8DA
- Bromborough Children’s Centre Gratrix Road Bromborough CH62 7BW
- Seacombe Children's Centre, St Paul's Road, Seacombe, CH44 7AN
- Floral Pavilion, Marine Prominade, New Brighton, CH45 2JS
- Rock Ferry One Stop Shop, 257 Old Chester Road, Rock Ferry, CH42 3TD
Donations can also be taken Monday to Friday 7:15am - 9:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-4pm at:
- West Kirby Concourse, Grange Road, West Kirby, CH48 4HX
Wirral Council staff can also donate their gift at the collection points in the Cheshire Lines Building and Rock Ferry Office.