This May is National Walking Month and we are all being encouraged to walk for at least 20 minutes a day. Here’s some top tips to help keep you on your feet!
- 8th-14th May is Mental Health Awareness Week, the perfect time to take a walk and chill…Walking is not only good for our bodies, it's great for our mood. Give it a spin - it's the least you deserve.
- During walk to school week, 15th – 19th May, walk with your children or grandchildren and ditch the school run for a school walk.
- As the weather is getting better, why not plan a lunch alfresco instead of aldesko? Invite your friends and colleagues, pack up the nibbles and get walking to find the perfect spot.
- Try to incorporate some of your daily chores into a lunch time walk. Get out and about and find out where your local cobblers, grocers or bank is and take a stroll to get those necessary errands done.
- Have a family walking adventure and let the little ones in your life take you for a walk this weekend… We have miles of promenade and loads of green spaces!
For more tips to keep you motivated visit Facebook.com/activewirral or follow @ActiveWirral