New figures announced this week reveal that, for the first time, the number of men dying from prostate cancer every year has overtaken the number of women dying from breast cancer, making prostate cancer the third biggest cancer killer in the UK. Here's five ways you can support Prostate Cancer UK and look after yourself:
- Sign up to the Liverpool March for Men on June 10, at Croxteth Hall & Country Park.
- Get the facts - did you know that men over 50, black men and men with a family history of prostate cancer all face a higher than average risk of the disease?
- Anyone with concerns about prostate cancer can contact Prostate Cancer UK's Specialist Nurses in confidence on 0800 074 8383 or online via the Live Chat instant messaging service: www.prostatecanceruk.org. The Specialist Nurse phone service is free to landlines and open from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday with late opening until 8pm on Wednesdays.
- Visit prostatecanceruk.org now to help beat this disease.
- Get yourself checked out - prostate cancer doesn't normally show symptoms until the cancer has grown large enough to put pressure on the urethra. Further info here.