Stopping smoking can be really tough, but even if you aren’t successful immediately, every quit attempt is another step on the journey to kicking the habit for good.
- Prepare for the day you quit and avoid temptation - choose a quit date that's unlikely to be stressful and make sure you don't have any cigarettes, lighters or matches on you.
- Choose your support – download the Smokefree app, speak to your pharmacist, doctor, practice nurse or contact your local stop smoking service ABL Wirral on 0151 541 5656 or text ABL to 60777 for free support and advice.
- Write down all the reasons why you’re quitting – for your children, to improve your health, for extra money in your pocket..
- Find your own way of coping with cravings - call a friend for support go for a brisk walk , drink a glass of water or juice
- Last but not least, remember there's never "just one" cigarette. Keep busy, and if you find a certain time of day hard, try a new routine. You CAN do it!