National Volunteers’ Week is an annual celebration of the fantastic contribution made by millions of volunteers across the UK.
And thinking about how you want to benefit from volunteering is a good start to finding an opportunity that's right for you. Here are five ways volunteering can make a difference to your life. #volunteersweek
1. Gain confidence. When you volunteer you'll be achieving something amazing. That sense of achievement can help you become more confident and feel empowered to take on new challenges.
2. Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
3. Meet people.Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
4. Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
5. Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
Find out more about getting involved in Volunteers' Week at www.volunteersweek.org