Do you have a story that you want to tell us? We’re interested in the people, places and events that make up our lively Wirral communities.
Send us your stories, photos or videos and we’ll try to use them on the website or in the Wirral View publication. We’re particularly interested in community events and organisations making a difference, and looking to promote what they do.
Before you send us your stories or events please make sure you have read and understood our policy about user-generated content below.
E-mail your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
User-generated content policy
The following terms apply when contributing content, for example events and news stories, for inclusion on the Wirral View website and in the publication.
You should not contribute material to this website or the publication unless you agree to these terms. They apply in addition to the general terms and conditions, so please make sure you've read and understood these as well.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.
Please behave responsibly when adding content to our websites. By using our website, you agree to the following.
You will not use our websites in any way that is:
- illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour
- likely to damage the reputation of Wirral Council or its partner organisations
- likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person
Any content you add to the website will:
- be factually accurate and be your genuinely held belief or opinion that is based on facts
- not be defamatory, obscene or offensive
- not infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person
- not promote your own or your employer’s business, or otherwise include any advertising or promotional material
- you must be over 18 years old or otherwise have the express permission of your parent or guardian to submit content to the website
Other important things you need to know
You take full responsibility for the content you add to our website which means that if you provide content in breach of these terms, you may be required to compensate anyone who suffers as a result.
You grant us a non-exclusive licence to use the content you add to our websites. For example, we may use this information in any Wirral Council website and publications or for our campaigning purposes or marketing materials.
Types of event that we will not promote
We will review all events that are submitted for publication on Wirralview.com. We may choose not to publish any event that we consider unsuitable. The following are examples of the types of events that we will not publish:
- events that are exclusively for the purpose of making a profit for a private business
- events that are related to political activity
This list is not exhaustive and publication remains at our discretion.
We may edit or delete the content you provide at any time at our sole discretion, although we have no obligation to review the information you provide.
We cannot guarantee that all material submitted will be published on our website or in the Wirral View publication. We reserve the right to edit information if necessary.