Nominations are now open for this year’s Wirral Sports Awards.
Wirral Sports Awards are given annually in recognition of the achievements of Wirral's dedicated sports people and are open to anybody who lives in Wirral.
This year the awards will be presented at the Wirral Sports Forum Awards Event on Thursday 12th October at Birkenhead Park Rugby Club.
Members of the public are now able to make nominations in any of the seven categories which are:-
- Club of the Year: Presented to the sports club that can demonstrate achievements/success and supports the development of players, coaches and volunteers within the Club.
- Coach of the Year: Presented to a coach in recognition of their involvement, dedication and achievement within their chosen sport.
- Volunteer of the Year: Presented to an individual who has made a significant contribution to their sport or club, i.e., committee member, fundraiser, administrator, official etc.
- Young Volunteer of the Year: Presented to a young person aged between 14 and 19 years who has made a significant contribution to sport as a volunteer.
- Young Sports Person of the Year: Presented to an individual, who is under 18, in recognition of their commitment and achievement in their chosen sport. Nominees should have achieved a high standard of performance at local, regional or national level.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to an individual who has provided an outstanding service to sport within Wirral over a long period of time.
- Special Recognition for Contribution to Sport:This will be awarded to the nominee from those selected by each WSF member’s organisation.
All short listed candidates will be invited to the presentation awards evening to collect their awards and the winners will be announced on the night.
For further information, or to join the Wirral Sports Forum, please contact Dave Simmonds Community Sports Development Officer on 0151 666 4165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for nominations has been extended until Friday 28th July 2017.